Thursday, July 16, 2009

Moving Target

It’s grown increasingly difficult to get a good picture of Amelia. She is ever more independent each day, running about on her own exploration missions. She’s more and more curious about how things work and not at all interested in sitting still, looking pretty, or cooperating.

Most pictures come out something like this.

DSCN0992

Or this.

DSCN0887

And my new favorite mess-up

DSCN1007

I guess it’s representative of where Amelia is at this moment (or better, where she’s NOT—like in front of the camera!), but it’s pretty frustrating. I think it’s easier to get pictures of the dogs. Together!

Maybe I should teach Amelia to “stay.” Seriously, aren’t the common dog commands also useful for kids? Sit, Stay, Go Lay Down, Come, Heel.

Oops. I didn’t mean that last one.

Kinda.

I could go on and on about the similarities between the toddler and the pups, but I will leave it at that. In the meantime, I shall see if hot dogs are as good for training A as they are for Mr. Luke and maybe then I could get a decent picture.

It’s not like this one’s going in a frame anytime soon!

DSCN0957

1 comment:

Sha and Michelle said...

oh I love it! I love it!!!!!

I totally see similarities between kids and pups - but you can never tell that to people - they alkways get offended...but I treat my pups like kids...so I see it as giving a high compliment! Anyways...

Glad Amelia is off exploring the world.

It turns out my apartment complex has a "business center" so I can get on the internet here until I set up the internet at my actual apt.

Hope you are well!

-Sha