Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sisterhood

Amelia adores her baby sister with her whole heart. I thought there’d be resentment and acting out, some selfishness and general hatred. Everyone warned me about her adjusting and how much sisters fight, blah blah. But so far, I’ve only seen love between the two. Amelia is constantly worrying about her ‘Baby Sis’ and always looking out for her. She loves to hold her hand in the car ‘to keep her company’ and talks to Annie in her special baby voice. And Annie? She turns herself inside out to follow her sister’s voice and her biggest smiles are for her big sister. It’s just too much. Our biggest concern about Amelia and her sister is that Amelia does too much. She wants to hold Annie and carry her around and gets in the baby’s face with too much gusto. Amelia is really an ideal older sibling, being such a careful (read: serious OCD), sweet, and sensitive kid. I couldn’t have asked for better for this moment when it comes to the baby.

Now I could go on and on about my girls all day because they have consumed my existence but I know that I’m seriously and biologically inclined to bias. So instead I’ll just post the pics I’ve been getting. None of these pictures were staged either. They all just happened and I had to run and grab my camera. :)

 

DSCN3213

 

“She needs a blanket, mama.”

DSCN3214 

 

This makes her so happy. Even if it freaks BabySis out a little. lol

DSCN3216

Taking care . . .

DSCN3217

These are all of Amelia’s sleeping buddies. Very special belongings indeed.

DSCN3218

Amelia asked us to wrap her up like BabySis

DSCN3224   

“You too, huh?” HA!

DSCN3225

 

You can’t lay Annie down without Amelia supplying all necessary comfort objects ‘to make her more comfortable, mama.’

DSCN3249

Do you see Annie looking at her sister?! My heart might just explode.

DSCN3251

Too much for one mama.

DSCN3268

DSCN3269

Amazement

DSCN3270

 

 

I may never have had a sister . . . but now I have sisters. Be still my poor, bleeding heart.

1 comment:

Megan said...

barely got through this post...so sweet and wonderful